Brendan O’Brien, vCIO
- How did you arrive at Spade?
I had spent 5 years managing internal IT for a leading tech manufacturing company in Massachusetts and was looking to return to my true passion: consulting. I started with Spade as a Proactive Network Administrator which allowed me to work directly with customers and their environments in a proactive fashion. After a year I was promoted to vCIO and have thoroughly enjoyed advising and providing guidance to my customers since.
- What’s the best thing about working at Spade?
The best thing about working at Spade, in my opinion, is our heavy focus on proactive maintenance vs. reactive solutions. This is a philosophy that I have carried with me throughout my IT career and I enjoy spreading this good word to my customers when consulting for them.
- What’s the one problem you are best at solving for your clients? What do your ideal clients say about you?
I love solving any problem that ties back to the real-world business impact or revenue-generating activities of my customers. Ideally, a customer would view me as a truly trusted advisor on not just problems relative to technology, but to business processes in general.
- What are you most passionate about professionally? What most excites you about the work and the contribution you can make.
What most excites me is the prospect of making a positive difference in the lives of the employees and/or clients that make up our customer-base, whether directly or indirectly.
- What are you passionate about personally? What do you really enjoy? What can’t you stop talking about?
I am passionate about music, my two cats, cooking, literature, film/movies, sports and friends.
- What’s an accomplishment your most proud of?
I am most proud of my work as a musician & writer.
- Can you think of a story that shows off why you enjoy working at Spade?
Every story that exemplifies why I enjoy working with Spade begins with a very difficult problem and ends with a diverse group of people and roles coming together to solve it. Spade is a true team environment, and everybody knows that their teammates have their back.
- Do you have a favorite story about one of your clients?
My favorite story about a client involves deploying Google Classroom and Google Chromebooks for a client of ours that is an independent tuition-free middle school for boys from low-income families. It was exciting to be a part of a technical solution with the potential to impact school operations in such a positive way.
- Where can we find you when your not working?
Making music with my friends, writing or reading, or in the kitchen cooking.