Transform Your Working Environment Into a Modern Workplace
What is the modern workplace? To some organizations, this term may refer to an office with a fancy downtown street address and exquisite interior décor. While to others, it’s the integration of the latest technological advancements into their networks. However, transforming your company into a modern workplace is more than having the latest architectural designs or IT infrastructure in an office.
The business environment keeps on evolving each day, so do conventional aspects of the workplace, such as:
- Physical office spaces.
- The typical 9-to-5 work schedule.
- The use of emails as the primary source of communication.
Many aspects of ‘traditional workspaces’ are slowly becoming extinct. To keep up with the changing times, both established and emerging organizations are continually looking for ways of creating modern workplaces for their staff.
Check out our latest video to learn more about what a modern workplace entails:
What Are Some Of The Aspects of The Modern Workplace?
How can your organization’s working environment develop into a modern workplace? Below are some elements of a modern workplace that should be integrated into your company to attain this status:
- Having A Mobile Workforce: In a world where people are conducting business from different corners of the globe, your employees need to have secure access to company data from anywhere in the world, at any time and on any device. According to IBM, the worldwide mobile workforce is predicted to reach 1.87 billion workers by 2021. Having immediate access to company data enhances team productivity.
- Having a collaborative workforce: A survey conducted concluded that 86% of employees and executives cited the lack of cooperation as a reason for workplace failures. For your remote employees to work efficiently, you need to provide them with the ability to collaborate and communicate with each other at any time, from anywhere, and using several communication mediums
For this reason, companies are turning to cloud-based computing solutions such as Microsoft 365. It provides employees with storage systems that enable teams to collaborate on projects and stay in-sync around the clock.
- Data Accessibility And Security: Daily, companies collect vast amounts of data from their clients. This continuous flow of data requires businesses to have reliable and secure storage systems. With cases of cyber-attacks becoming more frequent and more sophisticated, physical data servers are easily being compromised. For this reason, organizations are embracing cloud-based computing solutions. The cloud provides more storage security and is much more economical compared to traditional physical data storage. One of the benefits of using the cloud is the ability to access client data, customer files from anywhere and at any time.
- Process Automation: Most of the tasks your employees are doing are repetitive. These tasks eat up their working time and distract them from more high-impact duties. Automation of some of these processes will enable your company to offload these repetitive, time-consuming tasks. Automation allows your employees to work smarter, faster, and more efficiently. As a step to modernizing your workforce, find aspects in your company that should be automated.
What Are The Main Benefits of Having a Modern Workplace?
- Your Company’s Productivity Is Increased: The ability for employees to work from anywhere other than the office leads to improved productivity.
- Your Data Security Is Enhanced: Moving your data to the cloud improves its security and reduces your risk of experiencing a data breach.
- Your Company Gets A Competitive Edge: Having a modern workplace gives you a competitive edge in your industry.
Looking to Leverage Modern Workplace Solutions and Enhance Your Productivity?
At Spade Technology, we offer years of experience and expertise in providing managed IT solutions, cybersecurity solutions, and cloud computing solutions to New England businesses.
Consult with us today or call us on (508) 339-5163 and let us offer you solutions that will transform your working environment into a modern workplace.